Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Knitting Needle Cases ~ a New Project?

Ok, so heaven knows that lately I have been busier than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest, so one would think that the last thing I need is another project.  Right?  Mmm...maybe not.  When I get to feeling overwhelmed or am forced to some sort of bedrest or other, my mind immediately starts to go to patterns and making stuff.  After years of making things to sell or for other people, I have yet to make something for myself (aside from the obligatory first-time knitter's hat and scarf) for myself.  And, by the way, the hat is so stretched out that when I put it on I look like Mushmouth from 'Fat Albert' ~ not my most flattering garment to say the least.
So, here I am.  Or, as they would say on 'Monty Python', "and now for something completely different!"  The different being that I am going to be using a medium other than yarn and hooks or knitting needles.  I will be...wait for it...sewing!  I've been sewing since I can remember and actually really enjoy it.  I've never understood why I make it take a back burner to my other creative pursuits, although if I had to guess it would probably have to be the issue of portability.  Not so easy to take a full sized Singer in the subway, if you know what I mean.  Or, the car for that matter.
My first new project, as you have probably guessed will be something that I have not attempted before now, but have full confidence in my abilities to do.  In fact, since I love to quilt, I am looking forward to creating knitting needle cases like there's no tomorrow.  Hopefully, I will be able to expand my repertoire into crochet hook holders and small tool holders.  Yikes!  The possibilities are so tantalizing and limitless that I'm already envisioning putting them on Etsy.  What's that humming?  I think I hear my machine calling me...


p.s. (I may even make on for myself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment