Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Work Vs. Job

Since  I've started my new job...working part-time at a large department store...I have gotten a bit concerned about being able to do the job I had previously...making things.  After pondering for awhile this morning, it hit me ~ knitting, crocheting, sewing, working with yummy yarns and beautiful fabrics isn't 'work' ~ it is a pleasure!
I am really looking forward to going out today and finding some delicious charcoal yarn that I can turn into a beautiful, functional hat.  This is my passion and my joy ~ crafting and creating.  Whether it be clothing, poetry or children, it is what I do best, and I will not compromise my 'moments of sanity' that come to me while creating something of beauty!
Even at my new place of employment, I am finding inspiration in the many, varied departments.  Arm warmers are in right now, as are leg warmers and mittens and fingerless gloves...I hear my hooks and needles calling....

No comments:

Post a Comment